The school offers hot meals which are provided by Chartwells. A copy of their latest menu is at the bottom of the page. Since September 2014 all children at our school are entitled to Universal Free School Meals (UFSM). Parents do not have to individually order the meals, the school will do this on your behalf.
If your child has a medical special dietary requirement you will need to contact Chartwells directly to arrange a personalised menu for your child.
Alternatively parents can supply a packed lunch, which must be clearly named and brought to school in a suitable container. Please provide any drink in a non-spill container, preferably one that fits inside the lunch box. We endeavour to store the lunch boxes in as cool a place as possible but during hot weather you may wish to use a mini ice pack to keep your child’s lunch fresh. Please note that bottles, cans, thermos flasks, hot drinks, nuts or sweets are not permitted.
Free School Meals
If you are in receipt of any of the benefits listed below and you apply for free school meals, our school will receive a Pupil Premium grant to support your child's education. The grant is currently £1300 per eligible primary pupil and is paid for up to six years.
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker's Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support from National Asylum Support Service (NASS) under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The Guaranteed element of state Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you're not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Child Tax Credit (with no working Tax Credit) with an annual income of no more than £16,190
For more information, follow the link below:
The FSM Eligibility Team can be contacted by e-mailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
All children are encouraged to bring fresh drinking water to school every day in a non-spill bottle, clearly labelled with their name.
All children in YR and KS1 are provided daily with a piece of fruit or raw vegetables through the NHS Fruit and Vegetable Scheme.